Is there anyone in need of help with College Applications and FAFSA help?

I have been involved in guiding and coaching my son's and their friends in the College application and Fafsa form process. If anyone is in need of the How To's and are overwhelmed with this process I can help. I have been teaching in the educational field for 18+years and my children are 23,19,10,and 4yrs of age.

I have taught Early Childhoood and Elementary Education in various settings. I have several High School students who come to me for extra help in selecting Colleges and help with the SAT Preparation.
My oldest attended Gettsyburg College and my 19 year is currenty attending Penn State University. I am not an expert but I have have had much success and practice in getting my children and others to great Colleges and Universities.

If interested please feel free to e-mail me for more information.

My4-sons

Asked by My4-sons at 12:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• No thanks, I already filled out my FAFSA, now I am just waiting to see when I get the $5300 grant I am eligible for. Thanks for the offer though.

BTW, do you know where else I can apply for scholarships? I want reputable sites.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• LOL my husband!! He filed his form but I have no idea if it came back...He still needs to get his vax to enroll. (Can't find his vax history)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• It'd definitely be great if you knew of some reputable websites where you could apply for various grants (private, public, small, big, anything! lol). Also, if you are under 25, do you HAVE to put parental financial information?

My mother is on social security, and according to her she doesn't have to fill out the form because they don't need her social and her financial info, even after I sent her the website (sounds shady, doesn't it? >:( ), and I'm not in contact with my father. I'm on PA, by the way, if that helps any, and am soon to be an unmarried mommy. :\
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 3:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i filled mine out and it said im eligible for the whole 5300 grant so now im just waiting for the schools to answer me back. Now one school did answer me back with a letter saying I have 10 days to answer back but it was the school at the bottom of my list...Im just worried now that if I send in the form back and then get another schools letter that Im stuck with the school I really didnt want to do. Well I guess my question is if I send the first schools form in and get a different schools letter would i still be able to choose which one to do or am I stuck with the first one?
    oxojen178oxo

Answer by oxojen178oxo at 4:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• tyfry7496, fastweb.com is a good site to use. Scholarships.com is another one. Also, ask your guidance counselor. My daughter applied for scholarships through the ones I mentioned and also through our county's education foundation and was awarded several scholarships.

Also, fyi to anyone else. You can get full four year scholarships by joining your college's ROTC program. Yes, you have to give back to the armed forces, but they basically pay you to go to school.

For anyone attending a college and living in the dorms. Look into becoming a Resident Assistant after your first year. If you get it, they pay for your room and your meal plans. (At least they do at USF).

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I just wanna know how your oldest afford Gettysburg College. They are expensive as hell. And what the hell did he major in because a lot of the majors there aren't worth the money.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:31 AM on Jun. 22, 2009