ADVICE PLEASE!

Im a single parent, 21 with a 8 month DD.
I've been best friends with this girl since I was 7 or 8. When I would stay the night at her house, I would hang out with her dad (single parent) because my friend would go to bed at 8:00pm... anyways. This isn't the story. So when I got pregnant, I came back to live at my moms. Well he stopped by a few times to say hi and take me to lunch a few times throughout my whole pregnancy- took me and my sister to the movies once. He got inheritance of over a1,000,000. He started calling more frequent and i ignored his calls because it was just weird that he would want to hang out so much. my daughter was born. 2 months later he comes around Xmas time to give me 100$. I tried very hard to give it back but o well. So over the past few months we've done lunch a few times. HE has Parkinson's Disease and maybe 1 friend so i feel kind of bad... Mother's day came around and I had a laptop

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• From him. He had a note- it was for me doing good in school and he knew my parents couldn't afford it, or me, and I needed one pretty bad. He's really genuine and a very giving person. Does random acts of kindness, like pulling over and giving a family 200$. Anyways it was pretty hard to accept the HUGE gift, but I did. He always i chats me and sends me a message or even calls seriously at least once a day. Its creepy. I've always brushed off the creepy feeling bc i've always had that feeling, even since i was little. So did my sisters. And i figured if anything was wrong my best friend would tell me what was up. So we've had lunch since then, and we talk every so often. Friday, he got me an iphone for my bday, and added me to his family line, saving me 30$ a month. (I'm still paying for it monthly- i was just prepaid so it costs more). So that's that. Saturday I was going to go over to his house to start an
    Anonymous

• oookkkkaaayyyy?
    Anonymous

• email account for me AND MY MOM. It's saturday, and I get a phone call from his daughter, Zoe. To sum up this conversation, she told me that her dad said that we weren't aloud to talk to each other because I'm his friend and not hers. He said we have been SEEING eachother! AND HES A PEDOPHILE!! in its simplest.

I felt like Ace Ventura when he finds out Lois Einhorn is a man.

My daughter has been held by him! That's f*in DISGUSTING.
    If her dad finds out that I know from her (which is the only way) then he will dissown her daughter.
    He's been also hanging around a 13 year old girl. He's 55. He told his daughters that by talking to me, its kept him from talking to her.

I talked to him online yesterday and told him he's not to talk to me anymore, or come around my house at all. I will be giving the iphone and laptop back asap... he says to keep it.

so does my family and friends. I want to but i feel it would be
    Anonymous

• Wrong.

It sucks he had to be creepy. I thought he was a good guy, so did everyone else. What do you guys think about everything?
    And should I give it back?

IM SO SORRY IT WAS SO LONG!!
    Anonymous

• Give everything back, and never talk to him again.

This is the reason why you have a "gut instinct". You knew something wasn't right, but you chose to ignore it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• While reading the story, I got the feeling that since you were at their house SO MUCH growing up, he sort of took you under his wing...like a daughter. Then further on in your story, I get the feeling that his daughter...your friend...may be jealous of the relationship (and possibly freaked out a bit about her dad/her friend situation). I would confront him or go to the police and ask. Did your friend say he molested her? Why does she say he's a pedophile? I would find out if there's really proof...who did he molest? And don't freak out by him holding your child. I bet you come in contact with alot of ped's that you're not even aware of.....they're everywhere. Just 'cuz they haven't been caught, doesn't mean they're not doing it.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• u should have known something wasnt right,guys take that as ur into him buy taking gifts.id keep em only if he leaves u alone,
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Wow, I had a feeling that something was up when a this man was spending so much money on you and your little sister. The problem is, you had no idea what type of man this was until his daughter told you. The gifts are nice, but buying giving you these gifts he thinks that he owns you. He may start becoming more controlling and even obsessive. This is how they act. They will give and give and give, but you owe them. Even if you have told him not to talk to you anymore, he wants to you to keep the gifts because you will still owe him. Have a third party take back the gifts, I would not be alone with this man when you cut him off completely. He is obviously a different person than you originally thought, and you have no idea what he will do with rejection. It is not safe for you to be in this type of relationship. I feel bad for his daughter if he finds out she was the one who told you.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Ok you crazy woman, I think most of you are looking to much into it. Maybe I'm naiive but I'm going with Eirelass on this one. I think his daughter is just jealous. I think you should ask him why he likes hanging out with younger people, face to face, and if you feel weird about his reaction you will know. Those kind of people are mentally ill. But he is still a person. Giving the gifts back is up to you, if you feel uncomfortable about keeping them, then give them back, but I do not think he will think he "owns" you by keeping them. Some people are just paranoid. I do think you shouldnt bring your kid around him, just to be safe. If you have known him for that long and he never touched you in a weird way then I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    Here is a website you can go to and see if you can find him...
    http://www.familywatchdog.us/Search.asp
    I'm sorry you are going through this, it must be so frustrating :(
    ForgivenLev420

Answer by ForgivenLev420 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2009