On a scale of 1-10 how bad was you labour/childbirth??

Totally random question. I just think it's amazing how some people take it as a breeze while others it's not so easy. Over all, what was the worst part for you? We all know the best part, SEEING THE BABY FINALLY :D

Soon2Be8489

Asked by Soon2Be8489 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Before the epidural....8. After the epidural....1!!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i walked myself to L&D after my water had broke, i sat up & chatted, watched tv and was literally so hyper! they gave me meds to MAKE me sleep bc i was so hyper. the ONLY part that hurt was the last 20 mins when my hips started spreading for him to desend [i have arthritis in my hips] that was the most excrutiating pain ever. they had to call epi STAT and he literally ran bc the nurse knew i was about to start getting sick. once he hit me with the epi that was it. if it hadn't been for that pain i would have gone completely natural. my son was so small [4lbs] that i really didn't even know i had a baby. i had a very very fast labor!! i sat up, got the epi, laid down, pushed 3 times & he was out. total of 10 mins
    RAGUmomof2

Answer by RAGUmomof2 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I was ill-informed during my pregnancy with my son...so I was completely unprepared as to how painful it would be. On a scale of 1-10....with that labor/deliver....it was a 20!! haha. 5 hour labor...10 pounds 23 inches long. Yowey. My 2nd....pretty much spit her out. haha But it was really because I was prepared the 2nd time.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Both my labors were back labor with no epi. Excruciating! If I were to do it again, which I won't, I would beg for the epi. scale 10.
    lynda5

Answer by lynda5 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• both my labors were pretty fast and the pain.... well its like a REALLY bad menstral cramps, but I prefer labor b/c at least it stops for a couple of seconds b/f it starts again.
    SERIOUSLY, I've had Periods where I really wished I was just in labour, b/c at least in labour you get a break and its over relatively quickly while a period goes on and on and on.
    I would say een the worst contraction never went above an 8 and were typically around 6-7 and like I said its pretty quick. Its like the ocean you just ride the wave, but that's me.... everyone's labour and tolerance is diff.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 1:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• 11..pre-epidurals. But even with the epi with my first child I thought I was going to rip in half when his head crowned, THEN his linebacker sized shoulders came through.....
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Mine wasn't horrible. i went completely natural. I say at the very worst of it maybe 7-8. I really found that breathing and focusing on something during the contractions helped me thru it. But I was told that my labor and delivery were extremely easy. Everyone is different.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 1:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• before epidural....20 lol after epidural........0

I had back labor && held out as long as I could, but there's no way I could've had him natural. I would have passed out from the pain.

Everybody is different though, you might be able to handle it.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• With DS I would have to go with a 21! I was in labor for 36 hours followed by an emergency C-Section! (He was face up and his chin was caught on my pelvis) With DD I would say a .5 She was a schedualed C-Sec. (she was in the same position) on the morning of my surgery I started having contractions. They were about every 15-20 min or so by the time i was hooked up to the monitors. I was in surgery pretty quick after that!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• before the epidural i would say about an 8.5.. after the epidural a .001!! i didnt feel a darn thing once that epidural kicked in.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 2:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2009