Two year old itchy down there?

My two year old cannot stop scratching herself down there. Her doctor thought she might have an UTI last week but the lab results can back negative. She was red and swollen and it hurt when she peed, but she didn't seem to have any pressure or a fever or anything. The doctor told me to put some a&d ointment on it and call her if it doesn't get better. Well it has been getting better but today she is so itchy she will not keep her pants on. I am going to call the docter tomorrow, but is there anything I put on it today that might make her feel better?

lilysmom2607

Asked by lilysmom2607 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• could be getting a yeast infection
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• could be getting a yeast infection

That is what I was thinking, but it is not white or stinky or anything, but there has been a little yellow marks in her undies. Are there different symptoms when a baby has a yeast infections?
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• look for little pink dots outside the rash parmitier. And my daughter never got discharge or odor with it either.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• girls will be girls and get very adult things before her time sounds like a yeast infection
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Aww, maybe giving her an oatmeal bath to relieve some of the irritation
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• the doc gave my baby premarin(conjugated estrogens)they also use it for manopase
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• A few other things to think of. Is she having bubble baths, or playing in the bath after getting clean? What kind of laundry detergent do you wash her undies in? what type of soap do you use on her.
    My oldest DD is sensitive to additives in soap. It caused a lot of problems for her! I now extra rinse all of her undies and use free & clear detergent. Only wash at the end of bath (well when she was still taking baths, she is a shower girl now) Very rare bubble baths and alway shower rinse afterwards.
    Marsella

Answer by Marsella at 5:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I agree with Dom123123..Try the oatmeal bath. Avoid using anything with harsh perfumes, whether it be soaps or bubble baths or even lotions. The oatmeal bath should at least calm the irritation until you can get to the doc.
    My2BoyznMe0508

Answer by My2BoyznMe0508 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Isn't she still potty training? It could be something you are putting on her, like night pants or something. Try using only pantys at night, or try panties over the pull up or whatever your using. Also have you bought a new detergent?.And if i'm not mistaken most yeast infection over the counter can be used on baby's older than 6 months, you could try that. But definetly check the package first. Other than that you could try some benadryl (NOT the benadryl cream) to help with the itching till you can get her back to the doctor.
    smadar

Answer by smadar at 8:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• did you try using diaper cream or petroleum jelly? It may make her feel better until you cna get to the dr
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 9:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2009