Natural or Epidural?

Or another option lol

Soon2Be8489

Asked by Soon2Be8489 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Had epi's with both kids, twas a GOD send lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i want to try natural but i will have an epidural on standby lol
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I held out as long as I could, but eventually had to get the epidural...I'm a wuss when it comes to pain

lol
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I will deffinantly be going for an all natural birth with little interventions.

tiffandgene, if you are thinking now that the epidural will be on standby then there will be nothing stopping you from using it. ...and you will use it. If you start preparing yourself now, telling yourself that you are stronger then that, then your chances of using the epi are a lot less.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I went natural with my daughter all the way, but I'm told my labor and delivery was abnormally easy. I mean it hurt REALLY bad, but I don't ever remember thinking "I can't take it." I had an emergency C-section with my son though. I was never in labor with him.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 1:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I wanted an epi with my first, my family all said I needed one and that I couldn't do it natural. I believed them, so when it was time I asked for one, but it was too late. I had to do it natural. I did. Then before I had my second my sister had another baby and had a bad time because of the epi. Her tail bone cracked because the doc had to use the vacuum suction. She couldn't move and the baby's head was tilted wrong...long story, if you want details I am happy to share them. But anyway, she was in so much pain for the first two months, she doesn't remember anything about that time at all.
    I decided I would not have an epi after watching what she went through. I knew I could do it... I already had.
    There are many risks with getting an epi, ones that I was more terrified of happening then I was afraid for the pain. I will say that I don't know many women who decided to go natural that did and regretted it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• See I'm not a mommy yet, I recently had a miscarriage and was planning on going natural, was just curious as to other peoples stories. It's so strange how labour and childbirth is different for everyone.
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• You can go to the group Natural Pregnancy and Childbirth
    And they can help you out.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• my birth plan will be done shortly and I am specifying no epidural at all
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Hee hee, I know lots of women who did it natural and regretted it lol. It's all up to the person, their level of pain tolerance, every labor is different. Some women have NO problem, others, like me, had problems.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2009