How do I get "Sharpie" marker off of my son?

My nephew decided he wanted to be a Smurf! How do I get the marker off of him?

NoDramaMamma

Asked by NoDramaMamma at 1:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• LOL, um, it will have to wear off i'm afraid. Been there done that. A mild soap will help it fade, but other than that....time my dear, just time lol.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Magic Eraser. Just wet it a little and gently wipe it on him until the sharpie disappears. Aren't kids awesome? :)
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 1:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Ooh really, a magic eraser would work?? That's cool. Didnt' have those when my kids were small!!!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• THAT'S WHAT I TOLD HER! I said Magic Eraser! I swear it works miracles. She is putting him in the tub eraser in hand! I will let you know if this works! lmao Thanks ladies!
    NoDramaMamma

Answer by NoDramaMamma at 1:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Also you can use a baby wipe. Just hold it on for a couple of minutes and then rub. It works everytime!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• BEWARE MAGIC ERASER.. Someone used this on my son. He decided to draw himself a picture on himself. He had burn like marks all over his body,. It was horrifying. I almost took him to the ER. Not sure if he is allergic. But I would NOT recommend this.

Try eyemake up remover...
    DDmama05

Answer by DDmama05 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Don't use the magic eraser. I had a friend of the family do this and it burns the skin. Use rubbing alcohol. I have had to do this numerous times. But PLEASE don't use the magic eraser, I would hate for your child to get an irritation burn from the chemicals.
    My2BoyznMe0508

Answer by My2BoyznMe0508 at 7:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• The magic eraser box actually says warning, do not use on skin, may cause abrasions... So I would suggest not rubbing it on your small child.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• magic eraser is a bad idea. a very small amount of rubbing alcohol should take it right off.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 10:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2009