FREAKED

Ok this totally freaked me out.. My husband who has a child from a previous marriage told me that it was fine to calm down.. Let me know what you think.. I was feeding my three week old daughter her bottle and when I was done I held her to my chest to burp her.. When she burped she spit up milk through her nose.. I am so freaked out.. I have never seen this or heard of this...has this happened to anyone out there?? Is he right? Is it nothing serious or should I call my dr?

Faeriebrat

Asked by Faeriebrat at 1:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes, it's normal. Your sinuses && throat are all connected. Have you never had puke come out your nose before?? At the most it's just gonna burn a little, but she'll be fine. My son had spit-up come out his nose every single time he spit up && it still does every time he gets sick, even at almost 2.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• the nose and throat are connected. for example that's why sometimes we have postnasal drip, it drips from the back of the nose into the throat and sometimes into our mouths. That's very very common she just wasn't feeding quite right. My adult son had a friend in highschool who could proudly put a chain into his nose down and out his mouth. Gross, glad you have a girl. Thank God my two daughters didn't try that after hearing big brother talk of it.

Baby's perfect fine, it's far better for something to come out when it's too much or bad instead of staying in!! Enjoy baby, mama!!!!
    Anonymous

• your hubby is right, I know I freaked the first time my ds did that because his older sister never did when she was a baby, as long as your baby can breath then I am sure she is fine, I would just maybe suction out her nose afterwards to get everything outta there.
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I'll echo everyone else - yes, it is normal and nothing to worry about. I've done my share of freaking out over little stuff, especially with my first. When she was just a few weeks old I felt a small lump on her back underneath her sleeper. I was thinking to myself that maybe she had a small tumor that I had missed when I looked her over. I nervously took off the sleeper, only to find a little hard piece of poop that had worked its way out of her diaper and up her back! Congrats on the new baby!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 3:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• my son who is 3 weeks did the same thing when we were in the hospital and i say there is nothing to worrie about everyhting is fine
    lovergirl1014

Answer by lovergirl1014 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2009