my friend is 22 and she said she wants a older guy

what should be the age limit for her? what age whould be to old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• it's really up to her. depends on what she feels comfortable with.

I'm 22 && my SO is turning 27 in August.

Personally, 5 years difference is about my limit.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• mine is 10.. lilys dad is 30.. im 20
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Yup I agree with hismommy 5 years is about my limit too, there is a 4 1/2 year difference between me and my dh and I think its perfect because we at least still have certain thing in common that if the age gap was bigger we wouldnt
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I never really planned on marrying anyone who was almost a decade older than I-- until I met my hubs he is 9 yr older than I am. We just 'clicked' and had alot of similar views, values and got along. I think your friend should not worry so much on the age (or age difference) but on the guy himself. Concentrate more on if they get along, how mature he is, and how he treats her.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I'm 24 and my DH is 25. I have dated a guy that was 8 years older than me, so for me 8 years. Anything older just grosses me out. My friend, however does not agree with me. She is 24 and her SO is 60. To put that in my perspective, she is my age and her SO is my father's age. She could easily be interested in my father. YUCK!!!

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I think it's a personal preference, but myself, I would only go maybe 10 yrs. My boyfriend is almost 7 yrs older than me. My ex was actually younger than me by a year and a half, and I discovered that just doesn't work for me. I've dated a guy 10 yrs older than me, and it was fine except he was a complainer. I once dated a guy 13 yrs older than me, but we didn't eally have anything in common, he was looking to settle down when I was looking to have fun. The guy I'm with now, even though there's almost 7 yrs between us, we're still both in the same place in that we are looking for something fairly serious and long term, and he's settled and not into the whole party scene anymore. I guess mostly, it would depend on what she wants from the relationship with the older guy.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I personally prefer at least over 5 yrs and limit 15 yrs older, my bf is 9 yrs older than me.
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2009