Breastmilk

how long before you give birth do you usually start producing breastmilk to the point of leaking the whole time?

AlexesmommySam

Asked by AlexesmommySam at 2:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't leak any breastmilk until my baby sucked for the very first time and it was 24hours after he was born. (although I started producing some right after the birth and I was unconscious quite long after my C-section so cudn't breast feed him right away as I wished).
    I breast fed him exclusively until weaning started at 4months and then he stopped drinking one day suddenly when he turned one and a half years old.
    Breast milk is truly the best prevention from most childhood illnesses...and a very healthy and strong bond between mother and the newborn.
    tiacandle

Answer by tiacandle at 2:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• It varies from woman to woman. I started leaking, but not continuously, around 27weeks.

There was a woman on here not too long ago that said she was leaking profusely and she was only like, 8 or 9 weeks.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• b4 breastmilk theres clear stuff called colostrum.i have that and im 30weeks.i started getting it at exactly 7 months.boy is it a pain in the butt having to put the little nipple pads in your bra already.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 2:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I'm already leaking, and start leaking at about 18 weeks. It isn't breast milk, though, it's colostrum. it's the high protein liquid that forms first. It is often what the baby's first meal (s) after birth will be. Some women don't start producing actual breast milk until hours or days after giving birth.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 5:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2009