concussion question

My 5 yo woke up this morning just fine, his normal hyper self...within an hour he walked out of the bathroom very calm saying he just threw up. About 30 minutes after that he was back in the bathroom, throwing up, and after he was done he started shaking, and saying he had a bad headache behind his eyes. I am waiting on a babysitter to come so I can take him to urgent care, but in the meantime I talked to my mom who he stayed the night with Friday night and she is mjust now telling me he bumped his head Friday evening. I know all these are signs of a concussion, but is it possibe it is just now showing up? She said he didnt cry when he hit his head, and he has ahigh tolerance for pain, so I have no idea how hard it was that he hit it. Does it sound like a tummy bug or concussion to you? He has no fever or congestion, just throwing up and bad headache.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Def take him to the dr since this is a mijor change in his behaviour and headache
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Get him to the dr. asap.
    Anonymous

• http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/03/26/head.injury.emergency/index.html...PLEASE READ
    Anonymous

• Ok, I deleted my previous answer because I missed the part about him shaking. I would take him to the Dr. It's better to be safe than sorry. Do you know what he bumped his head on? Is there any personality change or has the headache gotten worse? I hope he's ok.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2009