• In the Spotlight:

How much does it cost to get a marriage license?

And how much is it for just a small simple civil wedding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• You can look it up online most counties have a website for their hall of records online and I know here where I live it gives you the prices for a regualr and confidential marriage license, and here that runs about 100 just for the license that does not include the ceremony too
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I don't know what the cost is up to now. I like hautemama83 's answer, look online... or you could call your local courthouse and ask what the cost is.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I got married in az, and it was 50$
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 2:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• We got married in Colorado. We paid $35 for the license and an extra $20 for the ceremony.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Oops, sorry, I just looked it up, we paid $10 for the license and $20 for the ceremony. Except in Colorado, couples can do their own ceremony and turn in the right paperwork.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Don't do it!
    Anonymous

• it costs you your freedom and independent and your emotional stability in some cases; however, if you are bent on doing it just call your courthouse and ask or go online to the county courthouse webpage and see how much the license cost. In our county it costs $35 for the clerk to marry you.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2009