Moms who have had a c section and are pregnant again

I'm almost 8 weeks pregnant. I haven't gained any weight at all. I had a c section 18 months ago. My scar from the incision has been hurting me alot. In the last couple weeks, it would hurt sometimes when I stand up or just make sudden movements like when I would sneeze or cough. Now it's just hurting all the time. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Even though it was 18 months ago and you haven't gained weight your muscles are still stretching. Your scar is probably pulling due to your muscles. I would say it's normal. I am 27 weeks and my c-section scar pulls like that sometimes and it hurts and I had my c-section 10 years ago! You can always have it checked out just to make sure.
    Anonymous

• I had a c-section 18 months ago, and im having another one tomorrow. I had the same problem! It only gets worse, as long as its barable... if it gets to bad, go to the ER just to get checked.. you dont want your uterus rupturing
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 2:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I had a c-section 16 months ago and am 30 weeks prego now - my scar has never hurt...I've only gained 7-8 lbs so far but my belly has grown. I would ask your doctor just to make sure. Sorry for the problems - good luck!
    Val1313

Answer by Val1313 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I had a c-section almost 8 years ago an now im almost 17 weeks pregnant an mine hurts alot my dr says its from my skin stretching
    Anonymous

• I'm about 10 weeks pregnant and had my first C-section 11 months ago. Mine hasn't hurt me yet but I have been curious about if it will or not.... after reading all these posts, I guess it really just depends on the person. Good Luck I hope yours doesn't hurt the whole time.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 7:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Yes, my youngest is nearly 5 yrs old and mine hurts! I'm 9 weeks preg.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 7:42 AM on Jun. 22, 2009