How can I get my restless three year old boy to sleep through the night?

It sometimes still feels like I have a 3 month old instead of a 3 yr old. It doesn't happen every single night but 3-4 x a week seems like it. Any advice?

DDmama05

Asked by DDmama05 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, that depends on why he is waking up. Is he thirsty? Bad dreams? too hot? too cold? scared of the dark? too much light in the bedroom? my 3yr old son woke up several times a night until he started telling me to turn of the night light. ...now i dont have a night light in his room at all and he sleeps much better.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I agree with OutstandingLove...ask him why he is waking up. Then I would see about getting him a lovey and seeing if that will work. If he is scared of monsters get him a big lovey and tell him it will scare away the monsters. If he is thirsty give him a sippy next to his bed with water in it. Too hot, give him a fan.
    Good luck.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2009