GPS help!

My husband travels a lot for work and his boss has alluded to the fact that all the guys are going to have to get a GPS at some point because of all the wasted money in gas he's paying for people who get lost. Also, my husband has been wanting one because it's easier than maping directions to where he's going. So, I have him tricked into thinking that all he got for Father's Day was a video game he wanted, but in reality I want to surprise him by getting him a GPS system...but I'm GPS clueless! What are some good ones (without breaking the bank) and do you have one that you love? Thanks, ladies!

beadingmom17

Asked by beadingmom17 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Travel

• get a tomtom 720
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My husband just bought a tomtom off of amazon for $79 and there is a 20 dollar rebate. It is a good one too. We like it.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 2:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I love my Garmin. I got it for a little over $100 but it was a refurbished one. My first GPS was also a little over $100. I got it at Walmart. It was a Tom Tom. It didn't have all the bells and whistles that my Garmin does, but it was a good starter GPS for me.

(when I say bells and whistles, I mean stuff like Phone numbers. My garmin can pull up addresses and phone numbers of buisnesses. My Tom Tom didn't list the phone numbers)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My dh and I both have one in our cars. We have the TomTom One 125. It's a great introductory one. It's simple to use and fairly inexpensive. Best Buy has them for $99.99 Good luck and I'm sure he'll love it.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Whatever you get, you want one that has an internal antennae. Most do now so it's not a problem, but just double check, especially if you buy a refurbished one. Then it depends on your preferences-- I like a large screen, so I bought a Magellen at Costco. It also has voice-activated controls, so if I tell it to "go home" it'll automatically map for home. My hubby could care less,but he wanted one that would fit in his pocket, so got a Garmin was cheaper and smaller.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 3:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Thanks, ladies! You have been extremely helpful! I can't wait to see the look on his face when he gets it :)
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2009