• In the Spotlight:

does anyone have problems getting their 4 yr old to go to bed???

my daughter constantly comes out of the bed, which makes sleep impossible.....

hannahsmom3305

Asked by hannahsmom3305 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• yea i do even when i follow a bed time routine...she stayes up intill my dh gets home and thats 1200 am at night sometimes she up in the morning still when my parents get at at 330am i just shut the door to the stair well and tell her she has to pee to wake me up this might make me a bad mom but i need my sleep and she has never been the one to fall asleep easily either...i tried warm milk before bed, the supposibley calming baths, different teas nothing works for her sh egets no extra surgar other then whats naturally in food this is the reason she gets no juice...ive used the cio method but befor it can work my parents r yelling at me b/c shes keeping them up...so im at a lost too... :(
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i know how you feel. my four year old has a bed time of nine but after all the i gotta go potties, i'm sleepy, i'm hungrey, i'm thirsty and mommy i'm still woke. sometimes it's eleven at nght sometimes midnight before he goes to bed. best luck to you.
    momplus3

Answer by momplus3 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My 4 yr old hates bedtime, HOWEVER mon-fri his bedtime routine is consistent! 8pm, no excuses! no questions! Once we put him down for bedtime we notice that when we check up on him about 2hrs later he's just laying in the bed sucking his tumb. Which is fine with us, considering the fact that the grown-ups need a little down time as well. When he wakes up grouchy and complaining how tired he is, I simply explain to him "well baby if you go to sleep at night like mommy and daddy ask you, then you wont be tired in the morning." He's starting to catch on......Good luck
    BecomingMyDream

Answer by BecomingMyDream at 9:56 AM on Jun. 22, 2009