MY daughter started walking about a week ago. How long before she walks steadily?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think they are all different, depending on how well they develope motor skills. but for my son, he started walking, and it took months before he wasn't constantly falling down. but my friends son hit the ground running...literally!
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• It took my son about two weeks to walk steadily. Even then, he still loses balance once in while.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 4:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Every child is different. She should fall a lot less within a month. But they are called the "toddler" years for a reason.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• It may be a few more weeks or months depending on your child. I asked the dr. about our FS falling all the time after he learned to walk, and he said, "That's why they call them toddlers, they toddle, then fall down." LOL! It takes a lot of concentration to walk upright, but now they have a whole new point of view & can get to lots more things, and faster! She may get excited and can't keep up with herself & fall down frequently, but that doesn't mean she forgot how to walk. BTW, now that she can walk, she may have many more bumps & bangs coming because they also don't have good depth-perception yet, and will bend down to get something & hit the table on the way up or down, etc. They are just so excited with their NEW skills, that they forget to "be careful." Congratulations on the milestone!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• it depends on the child. both mine are clumbsy, and it took awhile for them to be steady.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 8:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2009