COLIC.!

my one month old baby has colic. ive tried everything,nothing seems to sooth her. she already has switched formula so many times do to a milk allergy. i saw that they have a forumla that is susposed help reduce colic symptoms. does anyone know if it really works?

please help.!

kadybby

Asked by kadybby at 3:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you tried Mylicon? it's an otc liquid and you can give it to really young babies, my dr told me he gave it to his own son that was only 2 weeks. just ask the pharmacist or pediatrician how much to give your little one. that is the only thing that helped my daughter make it through those rough nights! you could also try an ounce or 2 of chamomile tea, don't sweeten it or anything just the tea, room temperature. switching formula messes with their tummies but i know it's hard with the milk allergy.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• enfamil gental ease....thats what my ped gave ....worked wonders...but urs is still really young....
    she will get past that stage very soon.
    mikells_mommi08

Answer by mikells_mommi08 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I can't answer the formula question b/c my baby is breastfed...but she had colic too...gripe water helped sometimes. It's an herbal liquid for newborns w/ colic.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• If she has an allergy do NOT give her Enfamil Gentle Ease. She needs Nutramigen or Alimentum (though maybe soy milk is safe...you could try that one). If Nutramigen or Alimentum do not work you might need to go with an even more hypoallergenic formula such as Neocate.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2009