Are there any surragate moms out there that want to share thier stories?

I am considering this for my best friend in the world who is unable to conceive her own children. I have all the healthy children I want and wanted to do this for her. Is this a terrible idea? Is is hard? I think I could give a part of me to a woman I love, but wanted some real life words of wisdom.

missv66

Asked by missv66 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't think I could do it, honestly. Just because I am selfish that way and I fall in love with the baby as it is growing in my tummy. I love the feeling of the the kicks and flutters and all of that stuff. Also the birth, I love the first few minutes of checking out the baby and just taking it all in. I would not be able to separate myself and think of it as someone else's baby. Then when my milk comes in I love breastfeeding also. I cant imagine the feeling of full breasts and no baby to nurse.

stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 5:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• my bff is 27 and had a full histerectomy last year. thankfully she has one child, but if she ever decided she wanted another one, i would do it for her and her only.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 8:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I knew a woman who had done surrogacy and she thought it was great. She claimed to have no adjustment problems with it, she just loved being pregnant. The baby was her egg also.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 12:15 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I have a friend that just had a baby last week as a surrogate mother. She said that she never felt emotionally attached to the baby because she always knew it wasn't hers. I don't think I could do it, but it is something I've given consideration to. Whatever you decide to do, good luck!
    MPWifeJessicia

Answer by MPWifeJessicia at 12:33 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• well i would do it but only cos its your bestfriend. i think i would for mine, well if she covered the hospital bills lol. && after i have my own baby first. but only for my bestfriend
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 7:58 AM on Jun. 22, 2009