i dont know how this is going to work out....

my son is now 9 months old and im seven months pregnant...im due august 31....
sooo he wont even be a year when this one is born...and i dont know what the sex of the baby is or anything....
i dont know how hes going to react...
he is already being fussy...i dont really know why but i dont want him to feel unloved or anything....
im just really frustrated....
no bashing please.

mikells_mommi08

Asked by mikells_mommi08 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My sons are close in age and yes its hard to adjust at first but I didn't find the jealousy that hard to manage. As long as you make a little time that is special for the older child each day. Maybe when the Newborn takes a nap. I used that time for a story together on the couch, or have Grandma watch the baby for an hour while you take the older one for a walk or even grocery shopping. Making a huge deal about it being special time together makes even errands fun for big brother. Everyone wins. You will be fine
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• don't worry hun. my best friend has a 3 year old and a 2 year old and their birthdays are only a month apart. sure, your son is probably going to be jealous at first, but getting him involved with helping you out with the newborn might help. have your dh or so watch the baby for an hour or so once or twice a week and take your son out for some special mommy time. hang in there, it's going to be tough at first but since they're so close in age they will get along great!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• well i forgot to mention im single.....my boyfriend left.
    and i dont have any help other than my mother and she works alot.
    mikells_mommi08

Answer by mikells_mommi08 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• That would definitely be hard but stay strong. He's 9 months you're just getting to the fun part! I don't know where you live but here you can get daycare paid for up to 10 hours a week so you can get a break. Check into things like that, make friends with other mothers at your church or wherever you go...It will be hard at first but it will get easier I promise.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Well, my experience is a little different, my kids are 18mo apart, so developmentally, that's very different. But I would prepare yourself, the beginning is not going to be easy, you will feel very overwhelmed, tired, frustrated, etc. BUT that will last a few weeks maybe months and after that you will work it out. You'll figure out how to deal with it.
    If you have any friends, ask them for help, otherwise, you should try to find yourself a mommy baby group or something so that you can have some adult interaction. In the beginning it's hard but eventually it gets easier and they will be really close. Best of luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• thanks....i just feel overwhellmed....trying to get everything together and what not...i love my son so much i dont want him to feel left out but those are good ideas... :)
    mikells_mommi08

Answer by mikells_mommi08 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2009