Do you need some sort of certification to become a 'clutter counselor'

I want to get my own business up and running just something on the side and was wondering if i need to do anything special thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• i dont know what that is supposed to be lol but i do know to be a counselor you do have to go to school
    Anonymous

• I think to make people feel more secure about you coming into their homes, you may want to look into this -- http://www.bargaineering.com/articles/what-it-means-to-be-bonded-licensed-insured.html  

I found this, too -- http://www.freelancemom.com/Freelancing_LP.htm

Good luck!

roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 6:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I'm not sure, but if you find out then you need to contact me. I am so cluttered.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 7:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't think so if you're just helping people getting organized. Now, if you're dealing with a hoarder, that would require a specialized degree because that's not just a disorganization problem, it's a mental disorder.

brwneyedgirl314

Answer by brwneyedgirl314 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Do you think the people on " Clean House" are licensed clutter experts NO. And they have dealt with horders.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 7:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• THIS is a journal post by a friend...she is a CPO (Certified Professional Organizer). She is a very friendly person and I'm sure she would LOVE to give you any advice on getting started.

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• There are a couple of women in one of my networking groups who are professional organizers. Check with people you know; if you are on Linkedin, check your network.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2009