Can I get pregnant this way? Why does this happen?

For the past month or so my fiance and I have been having a problem when using condoms. After we're done having sex he pulls out and the condom is stuck inside of me. Can I get pregnant from this happening? What causes this to happen? I am so worried, I am not ready for another baby. And due to medical problems, birth control pills or the shot, are not an option. What can we do to prevent this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Health

• I would check the size of the condoms he is buying, and also have him pull out immediately to take it off. You prolly can, but the risk would prolly be much smaller. Perhaps you can use a diaphragm as well to help prevent pregnancy?
    Anonymous

• Your fiance should pull out as soon as he cums; if he lets himself get soft, the condom will stay in you. I guess there would be a chance of becoming pregnant that way, so be careful!!
    Have you looked into the Paraguard? No hormones. Look up how to track your own cycle, so you have a good idea of when you're the most fertile, and avoid having sex those days (while still using condoms, or whatever other BC, of course).
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 4:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• in order for condoms to work they have to be snug and he has to stay erect the entire time. if he becomes soft at any point he needs to pull out, take the condom off, get hard again and use a new one. i had a colored condom stuck in me for three days and the red dye seeped out everytime i peed. i was afraid i'd have to go to the doctor
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Yes, you can get pregnant this way.
    I am surprised that your health care provider did not suggest a diapram. They have no hormones, no side effects, are instantly reversible and don't have a history of class action lawsuits, infecttions or infertility.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Yes, you can get pregnant that way.

Try a diaphragm. I used one the first 3 years of our marriage. If you're used to having to stop the mood to put on a condom any way, then a diaphragm would be no biggy. It's much more comfortable than a condom too.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2009