breathing techniques..

what is the best breathing techniques when u are in labor?? do you know a website that does step by step practice techniques??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well you really need to go to the classes it will help you more then any thing
    ilovewes

Answer by ilovewes at 7:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• hypno-birthing...but, it only helped me so much. my labor was 5 days long, and as soon as I hit 5cm, 100% effaced and my water broke, my contractions got unbearably strong and too close together, the midwives were trying to slow them down and i couldn't handle the pressure/pain. i was ready to push at 6cm, my baby was 9pounds, 1ounce and 22 inches long (apparently too big for me) and had to get a c-section because after 4 more hours, there was no cervical change...I wasn't dialating anymore. I felt like I should have been 10cm because the pressure and pain was so severe...I was no longer breathing and meditating, I was screaming and praying to GOD that I will be OK. I believe if it wasn't for doctors, I would have died giving birth. I was trying a VBAC and I ended up a repeat c-section. As long as I gave birth to a healthy baby, that's all that matters to me. Good luck to you though. I'm sure you'll be fine.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2009