Will you read this?

Link below.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The man's right. The site is very informative. Thanks for the link.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 5:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Anonymous

• If you give me a good reason to.....
    Anonymous

• Well, I will say this much, nonsense is the right name for it. That's exactly what it is. Or maybe garbage and ignorant propaganda would be better names. Come on, no one in their right mind would take any seriously.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Biased much? If that site really intended to educate, it would have included passages where women are revered. But that's not quite the point, is it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I'm reminded of the many times God reveres women in the Bible. After all, it was women who found Jesus' tomb empty,and ran to tell the others. That was not by accident. God loves and cares about women,and wanted them to have a prominent place, and that is why He allowed that. God loves everyone equal,and that site is the biggest load of malarkey I've seen in awhile.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Yeah, I could go point by point refuting that, but I don't even want to take the time because it is obvious that you don't really want to hear it. I think you just want to incite drama. I will say that all this does is twist scriptures to make the Bible seem sexist, when the Bible actually gives honor to women.

It is the same as the feminist movement. What a joke!!! You are liberated to the honor of being a "one night stand," a single parent, a hopeful recipient of child support (all very difficult circumstances, not opportunities). The feminists devalue women by devaluing the role of wife and mother (the most important jobs on earth).

I choose to be honored by my husband, who respects women BECAUSE he is a man of God.

These are my opinions and I know you guys won't agree. But I am pms-ing so I don't think it is a good idea for me to come back here (I won't respond to any criticism of what I said : )

love ya
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Well, I skimmed throught it and had read several passages from the Bible already, my dh has teased me for years with the "wives, submit to your husband" lol! So, what is your point of having us read it? Alot of things have changed since the new testament was a new covenant with Jesus. I still love my Bible and will never be pursuaded not to.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I don't think it's nonsense! The thing to keep in mind is that the Bible was written by MEN, who may or may not have been inspired by God. That is just the way society was, regardless of the Bible. It just laid out the "proper" way to do things as a society, the way Christian wives were supposed to act at that time. You can't refute that! On the other hand, since I don't believe the Bible to be a very accurate document of God's will, the author also can't say that God does not love women. It can go both ways.

I have gained the RIGHTS to not depend on a man, not take orders from a man, make my own career, AND love my son and SO. Women should not ONLY be wives and mothers, it's dangerous being the property of a man. That doesn't mean we can't also have successful marriages and be good moms.
    cinnamon mom
    PM me if you'd like to enlighten me, though. I'm very open minded
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 5:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Well, to me it is ridiculous. Nothing much else to say. I am a full believer in God and the Bible, and I will never be persuaded otherwise, by foolishness.
    Mommy2be2709

Answer by Mommy2be2709 at 5:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2009