Newborn Schedule

Does anyone have a newborn schedule that worked wonders?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know some people believe in schedules but I don't personally think they work. Not for newborns anyway.My advice would be to feed on demand, or at least every 3 hours.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 5:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• The only thing you can work on a schedule for right now and have it be worth it in the long run is a bed time schedule...start the bath book down routine...so your infant gets used to "bed time" but infants HAVE to set their own schedule for awhile..you work by their clock..until they start eating larger amounts and less often and taking longer naps but less often type deals..youll cause yourself un-needed stress trying to make a schedule too early!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Awesome thank you. I should have specified better, I meant a bedtime schedule and you all gave me exactly what I was thinking of. She is 5 weeks old and I am putting her down at 9:30pm and she doesnt wake up again until 3am then again at 8am. Though se is sleeping longer, she is still eating the same amount. And taking longer fewer naps during the day. I think it also has to do with the formula change. She was colic for about a week and I switched formulas immediately and right away the fussiness stopped!
    Allie120

Answer by Allie120 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• the words "newborn" and schedule" don't go together lol
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• The you shouldnt have responded to this question....
    Allie120

Answer by Allie120 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• my son is 3 weeks and 4 days old and no schedule and everything is fine right now its hard to have a schedule for a new born they will do things as they need i would wait till they are a lil older to try the schedule thing
    lovergirl1014

Answer by lovergirl1014 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2009