• In the Spotlight:

Help with cradle cap issue with my 7yr old

I have an almost 7yr old daughter who has cradle cap. the hairdresser says it is because she down;t wash the soap well enough but I have been checking her head when I am home after she washes it and it seems the soap is gone. Does anyone have any suggestons on how to get rid of this?

cthurber1

Asked by cthurber1 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• vegetable oil. When my daughter was born the hospital had us take a class. They said to use vegetable oil for cradle cap.I tried is when my daughter go it and it worked.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i used babyoil on my kids and it worked great.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 7:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My son got cradle cap long after he was a baby and it was also blamed on "not washing the soap out" by the lady that cut his hair. But I knew that wasn't the case because I always checked his head to make sure he got all of the soap out, so I talked to his doctor. Turned out it was a form of eczema due to a dairy allergy.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 8:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2009