I'm hoping for some honest answers here.

Even if the answer is "we dont know".

Why is it that the biblical God made almost every natural survival skill a sin? Why would He put expectations on people if He knew none of us would ever be able to hold up to it? It seems to me like He doesnt accept the natural order of being a human.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Honestly you are trying to understand God, through the eyes of scientific evolution. Survival of the fittest means that you have to put yourself first to get ahead. That is a lie that appeals to our pride and selfishness. We are not animals.

It is not a sin to kill in self defence or in sanctioned war.

It is not a sin to lust for your spouce. "horny" is a gift that is good for making FAMILIES, not just children.

It is not a sin to think outside the box and try new things, but it is a sin to insult or dishonor your parents.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Because the bible was written by man, to direct men to do the bidding of the church. God didn't write it, the church did.
    Anonymous

• what sins are you speaking of?
    Anonymous

• Thou shall not murder.
    That's a survival skill. Especially back in the day when murder might be your only way out.

Lusting.
    Survival skill. This simple horny feeling guarentees that our species carries on. Without lust, you would never want to have sex.

Defying your parents
    It is normal and natural for kids to want to learn on their own. How else would things ever be discovred if someone always followed the rules. This is what keeps our species moving forward.
    Anonymous

• Because God is a fictional character. He doesn't exist. And men wanted to skrew with the rest of the population and say we can't do anything fun or else we'll go to "hell".
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 5:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Well, what you call good, God calls evil.

I am surviving just fine, I don't kill people, I enjoy the intimacy I have with my DH, and I love my parents.

I don't know how you started thinking you would be better off if you disrespected your parents? And when I see a horny murderer I usually run. LOL.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Cinnamon

it was much more important to have the right to kill others back in the biblical ages. I'm not so much talking about now. Although, if i were ever put in a position that i needed to kill someone i would hope that i would not have to be made to feel guilty for doing what was right.

and i too enjoy the intamcy that i share with my DH. and i dont care what anyone says, lust is part of those feelings you have that drive you to intercourse. ...

I love my parents too. More then you know. but i didnt say disrepsect, i said to defye.
    Anonymous

• Cinnamon.

your second response was much better. thank you for your less sarcastic input.
    Anonymous

• lust/sex is a survival skill??? who wrote this, a teenage boy?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• God meant lust as in not with your significant other.. like looking at other women lustfully when you have a girlfriend.

You can grow away from your parents healthily but disobeying them and not caring or ever learning is a sin. everyone does it but you have to learn from the mistake and understand that your parents are doing the best for you
    cumminsoonindec

Answer by cumminsoonindec at 7:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2009