Am I crazy?

One of my favorite past times is soaking in a nice hot bath. Read a book w/ a glass of wine and I was in heaven! So we moved into our house about a year ago and the previous people were big people. The bath tub in the master is a huge jacuzzi. It measures 43" @ it's narrowiest and 51" by it's widest part. It is 59" long. I'm 5'4" and when I sit in the tub I am 10" away from touching the end of the tub. To for myfeet to touch I have to lay down and then it's just uncomfortable to be in. Since we have moved in I have taken maybe 6 baths! I used to enjoy one once a week. On top of that to fill the tub up it drains the hotwater tank and then you have to mix in cold water to the right temp and then you can turn the jets on. I just find this tub too big and I want to get a smaller one. My husband thinks I'm crazy for wanting to get rid of it and has pretty much said tough shit. Deal w/ it.

just1moment

Asked by just1moment at 5:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• CONT: Again this really sucks b/c that was my alone time that i got away from my hubby and my boys. They would leave me alone. So ladys tell me am I crazy for wanting a tub that suits me? I don't think I am. Please answer....
    just1moment

Answer by just1moment at 5:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I wish I had that tub, mine isn't deep enough. Being that I like a hot relaxing bath so much I am with you, you should have the one that you like. I would get estimates on a new tub and the installation. If your dh won't do it schedule it yourself.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• lol i wish i had that im 5 ft 9 and i have to bring my knees in when i try for a bath lol
    i havent done a bath in years lol showers only for me lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• You know what? Part of the reason I liked our house when we were looking at it was the clawfoot tub in our bathroom. What a load of crap. I'm 5'2" and if I lay in our tub I have to have my feet hanging over the edge! And all of my friends are like "How could you not like that tub? It's beautiful!" So I totally get you, even if I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. Having an uncomfortable tub is annoying!

...oh.....and it doesn't hold heat for crap either! So I just have to fill it and fill it, and by the time I take a 15 minute bath I'm out of hot water! It's more work than it is relaxing!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 5:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I don't think you're crazy. I wouldn't want to feel like I had to choose between being comfortable and drowning...lol. I wonder if you could find some kind of bath pillow that would push you out far enough to reach other other end? Or maybe some kind of foot rest thing that you could rest your feet on that would kind of bump up against the end of the tub? I don't know....just some thoughts.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Thank you sooooo much! I'm just glad to hear I'm justified in my want of a new tub. I'm w/ ajguinn - I loved the tub when we bought the house, big selling factor. (Thanks for the tip on a tub holding heat!) I thought to myself, "This will be the best tub for my bath soaks!" I even laid down in it to see how I'd fit but obviously the water is the main factor in the bath/soak. SIGH.... We want to remodel the bathroom and I want a new tub so I hope that it happens. :) Fingers crossed for me. =)
    just1moment

Answer by just1moment at 10:46 AM on Jun. 22, 2009