If you saw a young girl, about 15 and she had a child with her, what would you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Honestly, i would probably think she was the older sister.

Before my mom died i used to take my little brother and my setpson out with me all the time (of course, i still do, but now my little brother is my son) and they look entirely oppostie. dark hair dark skin dark eyes on one; light skin, light eyes, light hair on the other. about a year apart. and EVERYONE thinks i am the biological mother of both of them. sometimes i get some pretty dirty looks. But of course, i'm older then 15 so ....
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Unless she is breastfeeding the kid I would think it was a sibling.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't make any assumptions. I look about 16 (but am 21) so people think all the time that I am either hubby's daughter (he looks 35 but is only 25) or that I am the step-mom.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i took care of my nephew ALOT when he was a baby (still do) i was 16 when he was born & everyone though he was mine, and alot of ppl still think he's mine
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Where I live it is all too common for a 15 year old to have a child, sometimes two. So I would assume she was the mom.
    Anonymous

• i would probably think she was the older sibling or the aunt.. maybe if the baby was younger i would think mom. but that wouldnt be the first thing i thought.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 6:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I might wonder for a second but if a mother is 15 how would she get anywhere by herself with a child?
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I don't think anything, it's either the mom or a big sister , either way , it's not my place to place judgement on her, I'm 19 with one 18 month old, I go out shopping a lot with my mom, and they always think my son is my moms son, and are schocked to find out I'm the mom .... oh no, GASP, a teen with a baby.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I usually think its a sibling since around here big families are pretty common but teen Mom are not (never seen one here to tell you the truth)
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 6:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• At 19, my mom had my last sister. I looked 12. It was unpleasant. I got called lots of names- my sis is mixed, and gorgeous, but men have bad minds. I assume nothing.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2009