Is there a good home remedy for itching mosquito bites?

My daughter, husband and I just moved to an area where there are more mosquitos than I'm used to and we are all biten but I'm wondering if there is a remedy that can take the itch out of them.
Also, if anyone has a home remedy for repellent that would be helpful too.

happygolucky411

Asked by happygolucky411 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Health

• Baking soda in the back, i've heard.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 5:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• We use Avon skin so soft to help keep them away from us .. like using Gem-X to stop the intching or you can get chiggerex from walmart it helps some too. Good luck ......we hate them also !!
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 5:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Vinegar for the itching.
    Anonymous

• For the bites you can take baking soda and mix it with water (mix until it is like a paste)
    Someone told me if you spray listerine around that it would repel them....dont know if that one is true, but the baking soda and water work for itches
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 5:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• This sounds weird but it works. Just rub the bite with deodorant. It has to be the white stuff, not the clear.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Google "Plants that repel mosquitos."
    They have plants that repel them.
    Anonymous

• IDK, but benadryl has a gel out now that works great! Also for future reference, I heard it helps to keep bugs away if you put listerine in a spray bottle and spray the ground where you are. Like, under a picnic table or under your seats while watching the fireworks. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it's worth a try.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Toothpaste is great for mosquito bites.
    Before buying or selling any skin care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2009