Get a newBorn to sleep?

Hey Mothers how are yall? Well I am a new mom and my son is about to be 2 weeks old. I wanted to know if yall have some pointers on getting him to sleep at night. Like my and the hubby were thinking wake him up around like 6 pm or something like that. He sleeps right after a bath so I was thinking give him a bath at night. Thnaks for oyur help.

Lucky120

Asked by Lucky120 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hunni you will be sleep deprived in many ways...new borns do sleep..but its not for long periods becuase they have to eat more often...you have quite awhile before your baby starts sleeping for long periods..but if hes fussy, swaddle and shush noises help..and make sure you play the tv and make noise while hes falling asleep or sleeping..its annoying later in life to have to have a silent house for a sleeping toddler or infant. my son is 6months and can sleep through anything!! and im thankful for that now..good luck and congrats
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• thank you yes we play the tv all night.
    Lucky120

Answer by Lucky120 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Very Welcome...i keep the tv on talk around him sleeping..end up screaming and play fighting with his daddy around him..its pretty funny, all he does is make faces in his sleep!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My son is now 5 months old and has been sleeping through the night since 7 weeks. We just lived ours lives normally while he was sleeping. Sometimes we had the TV on, sometimes we were quiet, or vacuuming, or doing dishes. I think you need to get him used to sleeping in all conditions. That way if you travel or visit somewhere and the conditions are different, he will still sleep.

My biggest recommendation is to NEVER (if you can help it) wake him up. And when he wakes up in the middle of the night, just quietly change him, feed him, and put him back to sleep. Don't play and talk and smile; otherwise, he is going to think that playtime is at 3 AM. I hope this helps! It worked for me, and he has slept through the night ever since!
    kjax78

Answer by kjax78 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• he s a new born baby some times he wont sleep at night my first son didnt wanna sllep at all at night he would stay up till 2 in the morning and i would havae to get up at 5 to go to work but a bath befor he goes to bed might help and feed him right be for you put him down so he can have a full tummy
    lovergirl1014

Answer by lovergirl1014 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2009