YMCA scholarships

does anyone recieve their scholarships and is it worth it, also how much do you pay out of pocket after the scholarship?

meliscool72

Asked by meliscool72 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• In my area you qualify for a membership discount if you make less than $75K a year. I just brought in my husband's W2 and they took $15 off the monthly fee. Every local or regional YMCA organization is different though, so you should call or email your local Y and ask about financial aid. Don't be embarrassed. Money is tight for most of us right now, and improving your health is one of the best ways to invest in yourself in any economy.
    zorrokat

Answer by zorrokat at 9:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I got one for this year. Before I was embarrassed to get one but then my hours were majorly lowered at work and couldnt afford the 40 dollars a month and that was just for me my daughter wasnt included, now I pay 33 a year plus my daughter can get into all the sports she wants for like 2 or 3 dollars it is worth it and I am thankful for it.
    calista03

Answer by calista03 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2009