What have you observed a Christian doing...?

...that would make you want to be a Christian?

...or that would make you not want to be a Christian?

julie.r0cks

Asked by julie.r0cks at 6:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Lets see, i have seen "Christians" feed the hungry, and give a shoulder to lean on..and i have seen "Christians" judge others shamelessly..and turn the other cheek....kinda hate when people use the whole "ima Christian" thing now days..more like "I'ma good person...." I have seen both ends of that spectrum...neither makes me stray away from it, it may make me stray away from a church though!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I have not "seen" anything that would make me not want to be a Christian. There are crazys in all faiths.

I am not Christian, not because of anything i've seen, but because of everything i feel.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• The greatest Christian I ever knew was my mom's older sister, Elaine. She was the most awesome person ever and was the most religious person I have ever met. The best part about her was that she LIVED the word but never preached it. She never told you that you were going to hell or doing something wrong but she was the 1st person to step up and help another person (no matter what they believed in). She made me want to be a better person.
    She died when I was 15 and her funeral was so packed it was standing room only and they had to set up speakers in the parking lot for the overflow to hear the service. She touched so many people with her caring and dedication.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Oh, this is a loaded question. I have seen every extreme of that religion from good to bad, but my personal spiritual decision isn't based on that.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 6:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My relationship with Christ is what matters, not how others choose to live or not live out their faith.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 6:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I have seen Christians say that they love all of God's creatures and do unto others like they would have done unto themselves (or whatever) and then judge everyone who is the slightest bit different from them and call homosexuals "deranged" and "filthy".
    These same people start rumors like teenagers just to make another person look bad. They gossip all day and hurt peoples feelings and then claim they "do the Lords work".
    Very sad.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 6:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Ive seen Christians give money to the poor, make dinners for invalids or new mommies or sick folks or widows/widowers. Ive seen them go help shovel snow, rake leaves,etc for those who couldnt do it for themselves.

Ive seen them outright lie to get what they want or avoid trouble. Ive seen them screw people over for positions(work), Ive seen them drinking when they said they never did and church forbid it. Ive seen them brag about their sexual partners even tho its considered a sin by the churches they belonged to.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I have seen Christians act like everybody else and make mistakes and triumphs like everybody else. Nobody is perfect. That is why I am a Christian. Jesus is the One that has come into my heart and built a relationship with me. I will never be good enough and neither will anybody else who is a Christian. Being a Christian is not about being a good perfect person.. It is about trusting Jesus as your Savior. I don't worship Christians, I worship God.
    sheriskidmore

Answer by sheriskidmore at 6:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I've never seen a christian doing anything around here that would make want to try and be one. I see plenty of the ones who embrace what I call the "new christianity" which apparently entails doing whatever you want with a hasty "whoops, sorry, god" after, along the lines of it being easier to get forgiveness than permission, and no attempt to ever rectify their wrongs or stop doing whatever they were doing. I see plenty that will tell someone to the face that the difference in both of us committing the "sin" is that they are forgiven and I wouldn't be.

And no, I'm not angry, I'm not bitter...this is just what I have seen for myself. And it didn't make me a non-believer, I have always been one since I was a very young child.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 7:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I really haven't seen anything that would make me WANT to be a Christian anymore. I left it for a reason.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2009