Waiting on the doctor...

But my daughter had alot of stuff coming out of her eyes...like eye booger stuff. And its green. She has been kinda coughing and stuffy latley. Anyone have any advice on what it could be!?!? She is 5 1/2 months.

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be an infection. The doctor will probably want to see her to be sure, and will probably prescribe her some eye drops.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• She may have a upper resperatory infection. It could be pink eye, but you didn't say her eyes are red. The green stuff in her eyes means she has some kind of infection just as if your child had green mucus when she blew her nose. I'm sure th edoc will fix her up.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Her eyes arent red at all. Thats why I thought it was weird.
    Amanduh87

Answer by Amanduh87 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• clogged tear duct? My newborn had some junk coming out of her eyes and my doc said it was a clogged tear duct and to just use a warm wash cloth to clean it and to massage the corner of her eye to help it un-clog... Not sure if older babies get it, but maybe!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 7:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• my nephew had the same thing and the doc said it was pink eye a really bad case that is what i told my bil and my hubby said the same thing he didnt wanna listen untill it got so bad that the kid couldnt open his eyes at all
    lovergirl1014

Answer by lovergirl1014 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2009