Does anyone here work overnight shift?

Do you like it?Is is hard when you have small children at home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have two small kids... i work and have worked overnight for the last almost 2 years is it easy no but i nap when they nap and sleep when i can.. its a bit stressful till u work it out and get a set way off doing things.. but can it be done yes.. and i like having the day with my kids over having the night.. cause if i worked and got him at 5 or 6 then they would be going to bed within 2 or 3 hours.. this way i got all day with them.. 8 am to like 4ish..
    Anonymous

• No, but my husband does. We've only got one kid and he is two, so we just changed our schedule so we are up at night and we sleep when my husband gets home. I realize that's probably not possible though- if you have a social life and/or if your kids go to school.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• good idea erica..
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• There's a group on CM for moms with night working husbands. I realize that might not pertain to you OP, but maybe you could get some good ideas or at least a place to vent!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I have some friends who work 2nd and 3rd and their husbands work 1st and they HATE it! When do you get time to sleep! You still have to feed your kids, take them to school, and can't let the toddlers be alone all day. Sometimes you can get help with childcare so you can sleep during the day, but then what's the point. Alot of my friends either chose to come work with me and love it or they chose to get lesser paying part time jobs during the day just to have a life.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2009