does anyone know of any good books for my 10 year old stepdaughter about hygiene?

My 10 year old stepdaughter still doesn't understand about personal hygiene. ie: changing underwear, cleaning well, bathing more often. I tried talking to her but i was thinking a book could help us out.

CharletteP

Asked by CharletteP at 7:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Judy Bloome (not sure if that's how you spell it) was great when I was a kid. "Dear God, its me, Margaret" I think was the name of the book, and its really not that religious, and its all about hygiene, and the changes your body is going through, and help dealing with the in between stages of puberty, and gaining some understanding about your body.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• http://www.amazon.com/Care-Keeping-You-American-Library/dp/1562476661

I got this for my daughter at this age and she read it all of the time. Great book. There's a whole series and my daughter has had all of them. Good way for us to talk about things.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 7:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• American Girl Doll has a good book about female hygeine and the changes the body goes through.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• At any bookstore you can find the book "The Care and Keeping of You". It is part of the American Girl Series. It is wonderful as a conversation starter and also a reference for young girls later.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 12:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• The Care & Keeping of You: The Body Book for Girls (American Girl Library) by Valorie Schaefer and Norm Bendell

The Girl's Body Book: Everything You Need to Know for Growing Up YOU (Girlsworld) by Kelli Dunham and Laura Tallardy

I just bought my son the "boy" version of the latter book and it's great. Very simple. Very easy to read.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 2:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Yes here is a link for American Girl Care and Keeping of You as well as other books on puberty for both boys and girls     http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcjkidzcom3-20?node=9&page=2. Take her to lunch, buy some cool soaps or bath and body stuff and give her the book.  At another time, then follow up and see if she has questions or follow up with her to see if she likes the stuff.  If she is not using the stuff, take her with you to pick out what she likes.

momjs

Answer by momjs at 7:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

I HIGHLY recommend this book. My 8yr old is absorbed and it has made questions between the two of us much easier on this topic!
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 1:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I got my 9 yr. old daughter the american girl books. The care and keeping of you,Hair and the feelings book.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 8:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2009