is this nornmal and how did you handle it?

lately, i've been having a pain in my ribs whenever i breathe in deeply or sneeze or yawn, and it just feels like i'm being stabbed. i went to the emergency room last night just to make sure that me and my baby were ok, and the doctor in labor and delivery told me its just my ribs moving to make room for the baby to grow and that i'll have to deal with it. but it hurts soo much! i cant even sleep on my right side anymore without it killing me. has anyone else had this problem? how did you deal with it?

mommysailor

Asked by mommysailor at 7:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'm having the same problem, my doctor said you're supposed to lie on your left side, not the right, your baby is probally big like mine if you're that uncomfortable, gl i guess we just have to wait until our babies are born b4 we feel any better
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i had that with my 2nd pregnancy and ended up having a huge baby. Not saying that you will, lol but that might be your issue. I told my OB about it and she ran tests to make sure it wasn't liver problems, and it wasn't. I know how painful it is though, and when I was in labor, the contractions hurt even more because my daughter was very high under my ribs!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i had that problem with both my pregnancies, with my second i had a second c-section and they actually had to push down on my ribs b/c his feet were stuck up under my ribs and he wouldn't come out (nothing major but that was how high up he was) just lay on your left side, try not to take too many really deep breaths, and if you hold your ribs when you do take a deep breath it helps a little (it helped me)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I had it with my first pregnancy, try to sleep on your left side, and relax, it should get a litter better once your body adjusts to the growth of the baby....good luck hun.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• yes i've had this. my doctor told me that he thought i had tore the cartlidge between my ribs and everytime i breathed or moved or anything i felt like i was being stabbed. and they said there was NOTHING i could do about it but deal with it. sorry thats no help.
    froggiedee

Answer by froggiedee at 10:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2009