Do you let your kids take showers with you??

How old are they?
OR
How old do you feel is too old to do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my daughter is 3 1/2 she showers with me on occasion, maybe once or twice a month. as far as when it isn't appropriate, i'll probably start to feel that way when she is about 5, at that point if she wants to take a shower, she should be able to do so w/me just in the room or the next room. my son is 4 weeks, i'll probably let him shower with me until he is 2, at that point if he wants to shower instead of taking a bath he can take a shower with his dad (he has never showered with our daughter but i think guys are more uncomfortable about explaining things than women are, so that is why, b/c once she walked in on him peeing and pointed and laughed she was 18 months ever since then he won't pee unless the door is locked and shes not around hehe)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My dd is 18 months and does when she is sick. It helps her feel better and I actually get a shower that day! Yay! lol I probably would try to discourage showering with me at about 5.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 7:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My husband takes showers with our son he is 5. My husband is already starting to get uncomfortable with it though. I have never showered with our son. I used to bath with him when he was very young like under a year. I have also bathed with my daughter when she was very small. I will probably shower with her at some point but once she is capable of showering herself I don't see any reason for it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• As far as when to stop - I say whenever one person becomes uncomfortable with it. For my SO and our daughter it was when she reached up and grabbed his no-no at 10 1/2 months.

And yes, I do shower with her. She prefers showers when it is time to get clean, and sees baths as a time to play (she throws a FIT if I try to wash her or her hair in the bath tub, but in a shower she stands there and lets me do it).

She is 13 months old, and I suppose it will stop when one of us becomes uncomfortable with it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Me and my daughter who is 4 take bubble baths together she like to watch my belly move i am 8 months pg. and we play and blow bubles at the dog who tries to jump in with us. But i won't shower with a boy his daddy can do that, and I wont let my DD or DS bath toghter either.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I've bathed with my oldest dd and I'm sure it will happen again, she's 5. She also has showers with dh occasionally. No biggie. If either of them becomes uncomfortable they will stop.
    Anonymous

• Once with my DD when she was 5 ~ she threw up on both of us ~ It was one of those "Honey, do you feel like you are going to be sick?" *nods head* and blaaaaaaahhhhhheck ~ Since I was holding her ~ I stood up and carried her and I straight into the shower ~clothes and all ~ and stripped down under running H2O. Otherwise no.
    nookers

Answer by nookers at 8:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i do until about 2-3 years old or when they start asking too many questions
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 8:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• No because I can't hold him and bathe myself. Once he can stand and learn to stay still in the shower then I might but right now it's just way too difficult.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I do on occasion. My son is 22 mos. I'll probably stop completely sometime between now && when he's 3.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2009