Have you or your children experienced shadow people?

My son has told us for years about these sightings he has had and the more I read I find other people have had this experience. He is very spiritually sensitive and has all the characteristics of a sensitive. Please share!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm a Christian and I do believe that my son, when he was younger, saw angels.
    Anonymous

• My 18 month old talks to "jamie." Neither my husband nor myself know anyone with that name, she has never been around children with that name, or seen programs that have characters with that name. She will sit and her room and say the name. Sometimes I hear her on the moniter when she wakes up in the morning. I have even gone in her room and she has said, "shhh mama, jamie." It kinda freaks me out sometimes, but I think it is probably an imaginary friend.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like "Jamie" is her spirit guide!
    Anonymous

• My dad said when I was a young infant, I was sick a lot and he went into my room once to check on me and saw an angel standing over my crib. He said he turned to call for my mom and when he turned back she wasn't there anymore. I stopped getting sick for a long time after that!
    Anonymous

• my DH & i both had experiences w/ shadow ppl as children. we've both only seen them as adults once (but not at the same time). my DH's were not nice, he says they were very negative & he was scared of them. the ones i saw seemed positive, never threatening.

my DD's only 1 so its too soon for her to tell me if she's seen something, but if its a genetic thing she prolly see them too
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Well, I have seen shadows move, but I can't say for sure that they were shadow people. My oldest son told us once that he saw his deceased grandpa in our bathroom. He only got to meet that g-pa two or three times before he passed (my son was only 6 months old). And I swear my dad has a little girl spirit attached to him.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• See them all the time. The ones around here are guardian spirits for the family. If you are at ease around them they are usually guides/guardian angels. It's been several years since I saw any negative spirits around. But I think the bad ones were connected to my ex-best friend. It's been several years since I last saw her too.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• So for those who have seen them, have you just accepted it as a normal part of your life? How can we put him at ease?
    Anonymous

• when my 4 year son was 2 and 3 he would come and tell us he saw a ghost he would tell us where he saw it and we would go check thinking it was his shadow but couldnt see a shadow. One night he said there was one in the kitchen standing by his high chair watching us in the front room.I kinda thought he was making this up from watching scooby doo until one night he had the broom swinging it toward the living room window and I asked what he was doing and he said trying to make the gh.ost get out. He never seemed to be scared though so im thinking maybe it was his angel because I asked him if it was a boy or girl and he said boy and asked if it was big or little and he said little like him. He dont do it as much now and I kinda wonder what happened in this house before we got it but its a doublewide and probaly cant be traced back since it was bought from a mobile home lot
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 8:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I have seen shadow people a couple of times and my son saw one a little less than a year ago. No one else in my family has ever seen them though. The one I saw when I was in my early 20's was one of the scariest things I've ever witnessed. It was creepy. Like a man shaped mass of pitch black smoke, but the edges were solid, not smoky. Gives me the shivers just to think about it.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 9:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2009