Frozen diced veggies question....

Bought some frozen, diced squash (in one bag), and sweet potatoes (in another). They sounded good! But what can I make with them? I thought I'd just saute them in olive oil with maybe some garlic or something. Any other ideas?

Asked by PSMother at 7:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• We steamed them add a bit of salt, pepper and butter and there ya go. Sometimes I steam and then mash the sweet potatoes, let them cool and use them for pie filling or empanadas...although only when I can't find good fresh.

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• best thing i can sugested is expriemt try any thing you wont

Answer by ilovewes at 7:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• well this is not as healthy but very good, roll the squash in flour, salt, and pepper and fry them. they are crispy and so good.

• I don't know if you have summer squash (zucchini, yellow ) or winter squash- such as butternut. For summer squash the sauteing idea may work, I'd probably use them in soup or a casserole. For winter squash and sweet potatoes, I'd put them in a casserole dish with butter and brown sugar dotted over them and heat.

Answer by Bmat at 8:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Here are some suggestions; contact me for recipes:
    Italian Lentil & Squash Stew
    Sweet Potato Burritos
    Squashed Macaroni
    Vegetable Stew with Cornmeal Dumplings
    Sweet potato pudding

Answer by rkoloms at 9:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Steam and add a bit of butter and salt and pepper.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2009