What do I do about daughter previously having sex

My daughter has had sex twice to my knowledge (I belivemore but she is embarressedto talk about it) she is 16. I have had her checked for VD (-) Pregnancy (-) I have put her on the Depo Prevera shot and the docter gave her scripts for condoms. I am very worried about her having sex again we talk but she has already done it. what do I do now.

AuntieVetta

Asked by AuntieVetta at 8:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Honestly you have done just about all that you can. It is great that she confided in you that she is now sexually active and you took the steps needed to protect her. All you can do at this point is keep that line of communication open. Make her comfortable to talk to you. I know its hard but keeping your daughter informed about STD's and pregnancy is very important. I am sure will the proper knowledge and support your little girl will make the right decisions. :)
    adeuslove07

Answer by adeuslove07 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• giving her condoms pretty much tells her she can have sex. so what's to stop her? maybe take a diff. approach if you want her not to. like tell her why...

for me, having sex before marriage (which i did) took away from my husband. it also left me connected to all those guys (at least 5) that i slept with, again taking away from my husband.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I was 16 whenever I first had sex. In a way i regret it and in a way I dont. The guy I had sex with I honestly cannot stand him! We dont talk at all anymore me and his girlfriend/babies momma are really good friends now. She has a baby a week older than mine but honestly my mom never really talked to me about sex. And just to let you know if she's had sex twice she will probably have sex again. You have done all you can do. And thats good you talked to her about it. I will talk to my kids about it and you really need to make sure she gets the shot every 3 months try to get it a week early than she's supposed to because it can end early. By the way if you can try to get her the gardasil shot it prevents certain types of HPV.
    KBM99

Answer by KBM99 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• No matter what you tell her she is going to do it as soon as she feels it is safe to. You have given her all the tools she might need to keep her protected. I believe you have been a modern responsible Mother. The rest is up to her, she knows the consequences.
    Hugs!
    Shele
    SHELEBELLE

Answer by SHELEBELLE at 10:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• you've done what you can. i suggest that you spend more time with her, doing things she wants to do. a lot of girls start having sex because their emotional bond with their parents slips away a bit as they grow up, and they try to replace that by creating a bond with a guy.
    a side note - i and many other women online have had serious health problems with depo provera and i don't advise you keep her on it for too long.
    hiddenpoet

Answer by hiddenpoet at 10:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I got pregnant at 17. I have matured alot now that I have my son, the best advice I could give a parent is not to pressure your child. Don't ask too many questions. Make yourself available to talk to, remind the girl that teen boys have sex with their winkies.. and teen girls have sex with their hearts. HARD lesson to learn. I got pregnant the first time I had sex with my now husband. I'd had unprotected sex MANY times before. it only takes once!
    lnmauldin7

Answer by lnmauldin7 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• You put her on the shot....thats horrible for there body. can u imagen even birthcontrol is making your body think its pregnant. Condoms should be fine you can't control her and most kids on the shot have sex more because they think there safe. She knows your worried and just relax dont pressure her. just remind her " men give love to get sex and girls give sex to get love. " and remember the adverage 13 year old has a baby. Just show her a live birth on you tube a painful one and just remind her of the choices shes making
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• You put her on the shot....thats horrible for there body. can u imagen even birthcontrol is making your body think its pregnant. Condoms should be fine you can't control her and most kids on the shot have sex more because they think there safe. She knows your worried and just relax dont pressure her. just remind her " men give love to get sex and girls give sex to get love. " and remember the adverage 13 year old has a sex. Just show her a live birth on you tube a painful one and just remind her of the choices shes makingi have an 18 year old virgin and 2 other girls older
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Nothing. You have done all you can do.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• There really is nothing else for you to do but to have faith that she'll use her right judgement! Has she ever been educated on STD's? Usually when kids learn more about the ill effects and the effects on their life that an STD will have, some usually get a reality check, not all but some! You can't control her now, but you can educate her more.
    LaniGirl72

Answer by LaniGirl72 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2008