can i drink jus one drink that has a lil vodka in it

every one told me iam alound to drink jus one drink with a lil vodka in it and iam scared to cause idk wat will happen to the baby if i do

shawn_cj

Asked by shawn_cj at 7:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Um no. You can have a small glass of wine, but I still didn't chance it when I was pregnant.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 7:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• if you're scared, then that should be your answer.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i wouldn't. just enjoy your pregnancy and then you can drink after.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• you can have just one drink w/a little alcohol just once or twice in your pregnancy, and your baby SHOULD be fine, but its not something anyone, even your doctor can say for sure. so if its something you aren't comfortable with than don't do it, no matter what anyone else says. and i was told nothing at all in the first trimester, after that my doc said a glass of wine a few times throughout the pregnancy would be ok.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• everything you drink the baby gets
    would you give your baby vodka?
    Anonymous

• So your real question is how much alcohol is safe during pregnancy? The answer..no one really knows. It seems to be different for everyone. An occaisional glass of wine in your third trimester has not yet been found to cause damage. We do know any alcohol in the first trimester can be devastating to the forming fetus. This is a question no one can answer for you. You have to answer it for yourself. Ultimately the outcome will be yours to deal with.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• When in doubt, don't.

Answer by Bmat at 7:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i had a shot of something when i was in italy.. i was about a month and half a long. then at my wedding, 3 months, i had a glass of champagne. i may have had one or two glasses of wine my entire pregnancy. personally i think those that smoke while pregnant leave their babies at more risk to things than having a glass of wine or two while pregnant. my mom drank while pregnant, my sister did, i did, my grandmother, my aunts, (a glass of wine here or there not to get plastered) and all their kids are just fine.

in the end it is your decision to make. sounds like you are uncomfortable with it and so if you feel you shouldn't don't. only YOU can truly decide!
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• No,
    what you drink is what the baby feeds off of if you want a healthy baby then don't drink even just a little.
    So no.
    lala16

Answer by lala16 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Im not sure if you realize this, but i would suggest getting the book What to Expect When Your Expecting. In one part it says:
    The baby might be on the verge of passing out when the mother just has a nice "high".
    I am a really big drinker, and I would love to have one or two vodka drinks.. but what i had to think about was, The baby is a FRACTION of your weight, and honestly it is only 9 months.. I know how hard it is, but before you know it, it will be over and you can have a few drinks without any worry at all..! i am 5 months pregnant, and i feel like it was just a second ago when i found out.
    My advice is to just take this time to cleanse your body, and be so good to it. People will respect you more if they see that! Just to let you know i am a BIG BIG drinker.. but if you stop now, i promise your child will thank you!
    Anonymous