Noise complaint in a park?

We live across the street from a park. Normally it's pretty quiet, but today some very large family has just decided to hang out across the street from us -- while blasting their very loud annoying maraca music, which we can hear the bass through our whole house. I know it's father's day and they're having a picnic and all, but it's ruining OUR father's day. SHould I call a noise complaint in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• The police will likely tell you to suck it up. The noise ordinance in most places is only in effect between the hours of 10pm and 7am. Go out and dance, enjoy the music...I would!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Yep, give it a try. We've had to call for noise on several neighbors. They always come out and shut them down --- and we're outside city limits.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2009