Is 7months to old to get a babys ears pireced?

Do you think that she would mess with them to much?

Kenzismommy09

Asked by Kenzismommy09 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can call your pedi if you like to ask. I called mine to see how old and had hers done at 6 months. It was done right in the office. She is 20 months now and does not bother them at all and was very easy for me to care for. You may get a few smart a** answers but just ignore them.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Too old or too young???
    I know a lot of people who get their baby's ears pierced at around 6 months, you just have to be sure you're ready to take care of them, turning them and keeping them clean, and if you see signs of infection (rare in the earlobes) to take them out right away.
    It's not something I personally would do, I'd probably wait until 3 or 4, but at the same time, at that age they probably would play with them more, so maybe getting them done younger would be better.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 8:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Personally, I think should be able to choose for herself when (and if) she wants them pierced.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 8:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• To old. Her dad is in Iraq and wants to be here for it and he wont be home till she is 7months old. I took care of my neice's ears when she got them done and she was 6weeks old, so im not worried about that. Ive just always heard that you should get it done early before they discover their ears.
    Kenzismommy09

Answer by Kenzismommy09 at 8:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2009