what are at home remedies to relieve gas from baby?

he's screaming so loud i know my baby is hurting really bad but i dont know what to do! we dont have any gas reliever here either for baby and everywhere is closed since its sunday! help!!

rkm0731

Asked by rkm0731 at 8:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if there is anything that is open i would go try to find some. otherwise, lay him on his back, and bicycle his legs, burp him, with my daughter if i slightly pushed down on her lower tummy that helped her, but it makes it worse for my son, so you can try that but it may make him more uncomfortable.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I used to lie my kids on their backs, bring their knees together and bring their toes to their noses...the knees towards the tummy and the bum above the tummy...gas rises and the slight pressure on the tummy helps push it out...lol TMI I know...but it works!!!
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 8:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• We used to take a thick sock (like the insulated socks for snow) and fill it will raw beans, knot it shut and stick it in the microwave for 30 seconds or so until it was warm but not too hot. Then we'd hold him and put the sock on his tummy. I guess you could also use a warm water bag but we didn't have one so that worked just as well.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• ^^^Rice works well in those too...we use it for everything...just make sure you jostle the "filling" around after microwaving it...there can be hot spots.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 8:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• The bicycle advice is great...also, if you hold them from the butt, their back against your tummy and kinda rock with them: it helps.
    Chamomile tea is also great for their tummy. 1-2 oz, depending on age.
    ivansmom07

Answer by ivansmom07 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Warm peppermint water, dissolve a peppermint candy cane or candy in a bit of warm water and have baby drink it. You can do the bicycle and other infant massage techniques. There is one called the water wheel where you alternate your hands. You can go to Youtube.com and look up videos on infant massage. Is your baby's tummy hard like a rock? Do you feed warm formula or nurse? How old is your baby? Is baby teething??
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Tummy time during the day on a pillow helps too, cause they wiggle the gas bubbles out. Just lay a cloth diaper or burp rag over the pillow to prevent the pillow from getting messy. I forgot to mention you don't want to use too much peppermint, just enough to flavor the weather.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Bath bath bath. Make it nice and warm ... a little more than normal and let him soak. Then gentle massage and bicycle those legs up and down to try and get it our.
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 11:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My grandma would lay my daughter on her lap face down and pat her back gently, and that would help! (but keep his head on your lap too)
    MommaMallory

Answer by MommaMallory at 12:31 AM on Jun. 22, 2009