Before you became one, did you have a warped idea of what moms did all day?

I sure did. I don't know what kind of weird Hallmark Parenting Magazine hoity toity image I had of parenting before my daughter got here...but I used to think that being a mom was all lovey dovey moments and laughing and giggling 24/7.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 8:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Becoming a mom definietly changed my perspective but I never expected it to be perfect.
    Anonymous

• its a million times better than ever imagined, made me a much better person for it too.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I'm with you on that. I always thought it would be way different. Not easy, just different. I never knew that no matter how organized, and as much of a neat freak I can be, that my house will always have atleast one messy room!
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I don't think I did. I watched my mom with my litle sisters and knew it was hard work.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i was expecting my baby to be really crabby all the time like my cousins and their kids were, i thought she would just be screaming non stop day and night. but to my surprise she really doesn't cry all that much. just when she's hungry or got a dirty diaper... well the past week or 2 she's been crabby because she's cutting teeth though. otherwise she's a pretty happy camper
    pringles_697

Answer by pringles_697 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• sorta, my mom was a SAHM everyday for the first 17 years of my life (she got a job to help pay for my college). so i knew she didn't do a ton all day when we were at school, but our house was always clean, dinner was always home-cooked, i always had clean clothes, & never had to wait for the bus out in the snow.

now as for babies, i expected my DD to be MUCH more work than she has been, like constant crying. she is really spoiling me! we had family up this weekend & i made a comment that she was grumpy & my FIL laughed saying "THATS grumpy?!?"
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• No I pretty much knew what it would be like lol. My mom worked, but she worked at the school while we were in school, so when we were home she was home. So to me it seemed like she was a SAHM. During the day she did all the housework and took care of 3 kids. I remember our special times though lol, we would sit down together daily to watch soap operas for an hour a day before nap time. But yes its alot like I imagined.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2009