Do you take the most important moments in your life for granit?

I didnt think id be saying this but.. im having a c-section tomorrow and my father or brother wont be here.

My dad cant get it off, hes a truck driver and wont be here untill tomorrow afternoon.. and my brother is in jail

this sucks all i can do is cry

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 8:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• as far as your dad is concerned, at least he will be there in the afternoon. if you are having a csection you can only have one person in the room w/u anyways. and after wards you will be on medication and in recovery for as long as 20 mins to 3 hours depending on how you react to the meds so you wouldn't see him right away anyways. for your brother most things in life are beyond our control, so try not to dwell on it too much, and just enjoy the time getting to know your new baby.
    and congrats on your new baby!
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I never took anything for granted. Granted. I savor each moment. My Mother was there when my 2nd child wwas born because my DH was in danger in SE Asia -Viet Nam. He mighthave died and that teaches you what is important. I value every moment and I don't take my life for granted.
    Anonymous

• Since my grandma died when i was in 8th grade..i learned not to take anything for granted
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:49 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• What are you taking for granted? Who is taking something for granted in your question? Your brother can't help not being there for you (regardless of how he ended up on jail) and your father will be there when he can....Maybe you shouldn't take that for granted! It will be okay....you will have your baby and your dad will be there a little later to share your happiness. I am sure your brother will be happy for you too...
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:11 AM on Jun. 22, 2009