Are angels just male?

I was just thinking about this. Most of the accounts you hear about angels are of males. So, do you think there are female angels as well?
I believe angels are both male and female. I think each person has at least one of each. Cause, let's face it, there are some things we women go through that a man would just never understand. lol
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, my mom saw an angel once that was a woman. It was after my brother was in a horrific car accident.
    sheriskidmore

Answer by sheriskidmore at 8:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• From the accounts i have read about .. angels are male. however the quran speaks about the pagans attributing daughters to Allah and saying that they are the angels. i haven't come across anything that says all angels are male but i haven't seen anything that says some angels are female. I ask regarding it and see what is said regarding it.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Angels are sexless creatures. When the appear in the Bible they appear as men, not women or children.

Demons can appear as anyone, male/female, ghost, half animal, etc. An angel wouldn't do that because that would be deceitful.

Angels

What do Angels Look Like?

Answers to a Million Angel Questions

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 9:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• They are not human. Not male, nor female.
    Anonymous

• Ok, so are you saying Cinnamon-mom, that anyone who has had their life saved by a female was actually saved by a demon/ Wouldn't that kind of defeat their purpose?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Well, it is possible? LOL.

No seriously, I don't know.

I personally have never seen a female angel. Nor my husband, who actually sees angels often.

I was just saying that they have never appeared as females in the Bible. And they are for sure sexless. They appear as men when we see them in the Bible. I personally don't think that they would have any reason to appear as a female, but that is my opinion.

I do know for sure that demons can pose as anything/anyone. My grandma saw one pose as her dead mother. She came home from her mom's funeral and her mom's "ghost" was standing on her porch trying to say goodbye. But it wasn't her mom. Kinda freaky.

I was just sharing what I know, I don't see a verse that would forbid it. But I don't see a verse that would allow it either.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 9:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Ok, I was just asking. And, since I don't really believe in demons anyway, it is kind of a moot point. I was just curious as to what your view point was.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i should have said angels have appeared as men ... not that they are males. sorry.. i just caught that.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I do not believe angels have a gender. I believe they appear to us in whatever specific form we'll adhere to most. In Biblical times where men were most heeded as leaders, it is natural that angels would appear in male form.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Demons can appear as anyone, male/female, ghost, half animal, etc. An angel wouldn't do that because that would be deceitful.
    ---------------------
    I will have to read your links because I'm not sure if I agree with that. I was extremely clairvoyant as a child and regularly saw animals. I knew which ones were good and which ones were bad. I'd hate to think I was being deceived :-(

How do you know it wasn't the ghost of her mom waving goodbye? How do you know it wasn't residual energy rather than an inteligent "haunting" ? Just wondering.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2009