When do babies stop putting everything in their mouths?

I have to vacuum everyday because if there is even one spec of lint on the floor, my DD will find it and put it in her mouth. So when does this phase pass? She just turned 1 on the 15th.

Farrahann

Asked by Farrahann at 9:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hmmmm. I can't quite remember. But my DD is 20mos, so it'll happen before then. lol
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My DD stopped at like 13 - 14 months so its soon. I got frustrated w/ the whole putting everything in the mouth thing too towards the end!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My son is 15 months old and still does that. It is very frustrating. Especially with a big sister that has lots of little toys.
    Princess02266

Answer by Princess02266 at 6:01 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I am going through the same thing...but my dd is 22 months!! She is the worlds pickiest eater of food...but will eat any tiny piece of lint she finds. I have had to take away all of her stuffed animals and any fuzzy blankets because she just picks the fuzz off and eats it!! I hope this is normal and will pass soon! She is almost two!
    mdehn

Answer by mdehn at 6:45 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• It's different for every child. Don't expect the phase to stop any time before 2 if she's bad about mouthing. Some kids still occasionally mouth things as late as 3 to 4 years old.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:34 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• r u kidding my dd is 4 and she still puts things in her mouth that she knows doesnt belong there...when she was litte it was lent, pennies, sticks, rocks were a big one, and so wasnt leaves...i thought she was missing something in her diet but dr said she was being a typical kid
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2009