Can Implantation Bleeding last 5 days? Usually my menstrual cycle is 32 days. But I goy my periods 4 days earlier this month. The flow is less than my normal period and is for 5 days. Is this implantation bleeding or normal period? when can we take a prenancy test after implantation bleeding?

ahb27

Asked by ahb27 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Five days is a bit too long for implantation bleeding. I'd say this was a period...sorry!

Answer by gdiamante at 9:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• its your period.. implantation bleading is just VERY light spots lasting one to three days. Try again next month!
    good luck!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 9:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Implantation bleeding usually only lasts for 1-3, sometimes 5 days. It's also quite light and not very bright in color, more pinkish. I would wait another week or so before taking a HPT, but that's just me.

Source: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/178731/what_is_implantation_bleeding.html
    Ethanmom

Answer by Ethanmom at 9:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My implantation bleeding lasted 7 days with my first pregnancy and was heavy enough for a light pad or light days tampon. With my second it lasted 5 days, stopped for a day and picked back up for 2 more. I knew it was implantation because the cramps were different and the bleeding wasn't as heavy as my normal period. Also, the timing was too soon for my period. Both times hpt confirmed that it was implantation bleeding just about a week later.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Just curious have you found out if you are PG?
    Vickers0001

Answer by Vickers0001 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 24, 2009