Does anyone ever feel guilty for killing bugs?

I have a problem with ants coming into my kitchen, so I set up some bait and now I keep finding little ants lying on their back, dead and even though I CANNOT stand them and want them O-U-T part of me feels bad when I see them lying there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no, if I find them in my house I'm disgusted! I like to torture them first and then see how much of their guts spill out sometimes... othertimes I will spray them with bleach or 409, and othertimes I watch them swim in the toilet
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I know what you mean. I get a little guilt here and there. One thing I never feel bad about though is fleas! lol My guilt for killing is making me seriously think about going vegetarian.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• My son feels bad when I kill bugs. I found a HUGE spider one day and was about to squash it, Low and behold Benji picks it up and takes it outside.....*shudders*
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i am an animal lover and hate when i kill bugs lol sometimes i even let one go
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 9:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Yes, although for the sake of the house being clean I feel that I have to. I did feel terribly last week - there was a spider in the back of our mailbox who had built a nest there. I told my husband about it and asked him to remove the spider and spray the box to keep more from setting up housekeeping there. Before he had a chance though, we had a great deal of mail delivered the next day, and to fit it all in, the postman had to squeeze the mail all the way to the back of the box. It killed the spider. I didn't want the spider in the box, but it made me sad to see her all dead like that.

Answer by Bmat at 9:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I feel guilty but I do it. Anything comes into my house, and I can't just pick it up and throw it out (ie a line of ants, cockroach or a wasp), it is dead. That is my rule- if it is outside and not killing my plants, I am OK with it. I know it shouldn't bother me to kill bugs, but it does. Strangely enough, it doesn't bother me much to kill weeds, but it does a tiny bit. I was so not brought up in the country- DH was and he'd kill just about anything.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I get a twinge of guilt here and there, but I am hypocritical, if it is what I consider an ugly bug like a cricket, then I don't feel bad.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• yea...everything was put here for a reason...I don't bother them, though. The only problem we have with this house is spiders. They have to die when indoors.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• YES!! But I think my state is one big anthill and I live on a lake backed up to a woods so we have to deal with things like mosquitos, fleas, ticks and ants. Those particular insects I have had to learn to kill whether I like it or not. And when I lived in Florida I had to deal with roaches. Ugh. But most critters like spiders and field mice that try to come inside for the winter get caught and put outside.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 10:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• not if it was dumb enough to enter my house. Theya re fair game. Outside I kill fire ants, bees ( I am extremely allergic) and all those nasty posionous spiders that like to hang out in my woods.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2009